In Keeping With The Tradition of the New Year’s Resolution
Here are some new ideas for you to add if you are an advocate of the tradition of New Year’s resolutions. Perhaps you might want to put one of these suggestions to your list. Some will apply especially to you, and some will be helpful to your cat. After all, when we make our resolutions, perhaps we should consider the cat’s needs as well as our own when we make the list. Here goes:
1. My cat is too heavy and doesn’t go outside. He loves to eat and makes a real fuss if I try to reduce the amount he receives. I resolve to find ways to give him more exercise.
Here is a helpful way to give him more exercise as well as a place that is uniquely his. Try one of these: https://celebratingcats.com/contemporary-cat-trees-contribute-to-your-cats-well-being .
2. My kitty needs her nails cut regularly. I need to get the tools to take care of her nails myself. I resolve to learn how to trim them for her.
3. I like to give my furry friend new toys regularly so he doesn’t get bored. If he can’t find toys to play with, he finds all sorts of mischief to get into. Sometimes he makes a real mess. I resolve to stock up on cat toys this year.
Here’s a selection: https://celebratingcats.com/does-your-kitty-need-cat-play-toys
4. I resolve to find some new, beautiful houseplants for my home. However, I want to make sure they will not poison my kitty. I know there are plants available that are actually good for him and for the house.
Try these plants. Not only are they non-toxic, but they help clean the air in your home. https://celebratingcats.com/which-are-house-plants-that-are-safe-for-cats
5. This year, I resolve to find ways to travel more. I would love to go to Greece to visit those island villages that are full of cats. Look at this book of photos and you may want to add this resolution to your list: https://celebratingcats.com/are-you-a-fan-of-cool-cat-photography
6. I have read that vets say the most prevalent problem they see in cats is that they have had no dental care. Such a lack can lead to disease. Dental care is important, and I resolve to do something about it this year.
For a detailed guide on how to clean your cat’s teeth, see https://celebratingcats.com/do-you-know-how-to-groom-your-cat
7. My kitty really enjoys munching on fresh grass to help with his digestion. I think he rather likes the taste! He has his favorite spot that he visits in spring and summer, but with snow on the ground, there is no grass for him to eat.
If you would like to know where to find grass-growing kits for your kitty, look no further. The answer is here: https://celebratingcats.com/why-is-my-cat-eating-grass
8. I need a clock in my kitchen, but not any old clock. I’d like one with a kitty theme. I’ve seen a couple and want to know where I can find them. I resolve to find an adorable cat wall clock for the kitchen.
For two choices of kitty clocks, look at this article: https://celebratingcats.com/do-you-know-the-history-of-ceramics
9. It’s the new year, and all I have are last year’s calendars. It is time to find one for this year. I resolve to find an adorable cat wall calendar or desk calendar for 2019.
We have a very nice selection of 2019 cat calendars. To see them, go to https://celebratingcats.com/are-you-looking-for-2019-cat-calendars
10. My cat eats in small increments. I don’t like to leave too much food out for him at a time because I don’t want him overeating. I’ve heard that the puzzle feeders will solve the problem, as the cat has to work to get out one piece of kibble at a time. I resolve to get him a puzzle feeder of some kind so he can eat and play at the same time.
Check out the puzzle feeders here: https://celebratingcats.com/is-your-cat-having-fun
11. It’s always fun to read books about cats. I resolve to read a few cat classics this year. Where do I find them?
Here’s a start: Look at this collection of six classic cat stories, and you might find just what you are looking for. Go to this post: https://celebratingcats.com/books-offer-incredible-cat-stories-for-the-avid-reader
12. It is very important to have a good vet that I trust for my feline family. I resolve to find a good vet that I am happy with. Then I can get specific answers about my kitty’s health and care.
Here’s an introductory story: https://celebratingcats.com/cats-health-information-what-are-your-cats-needs
13. I resolve to find a new kitty, but I want it to be special. I know there are lots of choices out there. What are some cat breeds I can choose from?
If you click on the category, “breeds,” in the top navigation bar, you will find several posts on various cat breeds. For starters, read this post: https://celebratingcats.com/presenting-my-ten-favorite-cat-breeds
14. I resolve to read every one of the book reviews from Lucinda the literate cat, as they are quite amusing. I never know what book she will review next. Here’s the first one: https://celebratingcats.com/book-summaries-from-a-literate-cat
15. I resolve to find a new, attractive tote bag this year with a picture of a cat on it.
We have some excellent choices for you to peruse. First, go to https://celebratingcats.com/have-you-seen-these-versatile-tote-bags
If you would prefer a canvas tote bag, look at these, and you will find a nice variety of designs. https://celebratingcats.com/would-you-love-a-canvas-tote-bag
16. It is important to find enjoyable pastimes for long winter days and evenings. I resolve to find a couple of cool cat jigsaw puzzles to add to my winter fun collection. I heard there is even one called “The Literate Cat.”
Here is our selection of wonderful cat jigsaws: https://celebratingcats.com/would-you-enjoy-jigsaw-puzzles-
Be sure to look around the website, as there are other treasures on here for you to find. If you have not read all the posts, please feel free to look for some that interest you. If you have a comment, please leave it at the bottom of this page. I would love to hear from you.